Receive Quick Help When Faced With Bloomington Dental Emergencies
When Bloomington dental emergencies happen, don’t panic. Just call us, and Dr. Weddell or Dr. Harms will provide you the relief you need. We’ll get you out of pain and help you feel better soon. Reach Weddell Dental at 952-679-1365.Dr. Kenneth Weddell on Dental Emergencies Read Transcript
Emergencies happen in life, and it would be great if every time there were an issue, that it was – you had notification a week ahead of time. But it doesn't work that way, and it's important to take care of people and get them in when they have an emergency. We have a beautiful office with some extra space so that if there is an emergency, we can get somebody in and take care of them. We have two doctors who are here, we make sure that our vacations are staggered so there's always somebody here to take care of emergencies when they happen.
If an emergency happens after hours, my cell phone is on the answering machine. It would not be the first time I've come in after hours to take care of emergencies. We do everything we can to take care of people. We don't want anybody to be in pain, we don't want somebody to not have their front tooth, so we do everything we can to help people out and to make sure they're not in pain, including diagnosing any problems before they are a problem so that we can try and avoid that as much as we can. We don't want people in pain, we want to take care of them.
Nine times out of 10, if you need to come in immediately, we can get you in for an appointment. We’ll do as much as we can the same day to alleviate your pain or discomfort.
Our after-hours number (found on our voicemail) will put you in direct contact with Dr. Weddell. You can find our friendly dentist office at 8900 Penn Ave. S., Ste. 211.
Learn More About Dental Crises & How to Prevent Them
In general, if you’re in pain, it’s an emergency. You might need emergency treatment if:
- You knocked a tooth out or knocked it loose.
- You’ve cracked or broken a tooth.
- You’re having a painful toothache.
- You’ve cut the inside of your mouth.
- Your teeth have suffered some type of impact.
While we can’t avoid many of life’s mishaps, some emergencies can be prevented with good dental care. Here are some recommendations from our team:
- Keep your six-month checkups. By visiting us twice a year for teeth cleanings and dental exams, you’ll be addressing any health issues before they can become dire.
- Stay active with an athletic mouthguard. Whether you’re playing football or trying out new tricks on your BMX bike, an athletic mouthguard can protect your teeth or your kid’s teeth from a sudden, unexpected impact.
- Don’t delay treatment. Healthy teeth and gums don’t hurt and they don’t bleed. At the first sign that something is wrong, make an appointment to see us. This can often help you avoid an agonizing toothache and more extensive treatment.
Call us at 952-679-1365 when you have Bloomington dental emergencies or want to take advantage of our other services like restorative or cosmetic dentistry. We also have an online form you can fill out at your convenience for a non-emergency appointment. Weddell Dental welcomes all ages for dental care.