If someone has an emergency, that's different from new patient. Their goal is not to come up with a plan if they have an emergency, their goal is to solve whatever emergency they have right then. That's what we're going to do. If it's something we can do on the spot, we certainly will. If it's not something we can do on the spot, we'll start it, make sure someone's out of pain. I don't want anyone leaving to be in pain. Make sure they're out of pain, make sure that they're cosmetically adequate—that they can smile, and the rest of the world isn't going to know the difference.
We want to take care of their emergency, we want to do a nice enough job that they say, “Gee, that's great.” Then we want to talk with them. Because we don't want them to have anymore emergencies. We want them to come in and get regular care, and be under control so that there are no emergencies. There still can be, and that's why my cell phone is always on the answering machine if there is an emergency. Our goal is to avoid emergencies and take care of things, plan to take care of them, before they are a problem.
Dental emergencies isn’t a time to panic. It’s a time to call your dentist and get relief. Reach Weddell Dental in Bloomington, MN at 952-679-1365. You might be having dental emergencies if:
- You knocked a tooth out or knocked it loose
- You’ve cracked or broken a tooth
- You’re having a painful toothache
- You’ve cut the inside of your mouth
- Your teeth have suffered some type of impact
If you aren’t sure, just call. We’ll help you get through this. Nine times out of 10, if you need to come in immediately, we can get you in for an appointment. We’ll do as much as we can same-day to alleviate your pain or discomfort. Our after-hours number will put you in direct contact with Dr. Weddell. You can find it on our voicemail.
Prevent A Dental Emergency
While we can’t avoid many of life’s mishaps, some dental emergencies can be prevented with good dental care.
- Don’t skip your six-month checkups. By visiting Dr. Weddell twice a year for dental cleanings and dental exams, you’ll be addressing any health issues before they can become dire.
- Don’t get active without an athletic mouthguard. Whether you’re playing football or trying out new tricks on your BMX bike, an athletic mouthguard can protect your teeth or your kid’s teeth from a sudden, unexpected impact.
- Don’t delay treatment. Healthy teeth and gums don’t hurt and they don’t bleed. At the first sign that something is wrong, make an appointment to see our Bloomington, MN dentist Dr. Weddell. This can often help you avoid an agonizing toothache and more extensive treatment.
Whether you have dental emergencies or want to take advantage of our other services like restorative dentistry or cosmetic dentistry, call our Bloomington, MN dentist at 952-679-1365. We also have an online form you can fill out at your convenience for a non-emergency appointment. Weddell Dental welcomes all ages for dental care.