Looking for a Family Dentist? Call Now to Learn More About Our Services!952-679-1365
Dr. Kenneth Weddell moved from Michigan to Minnesota to be closer to his grandson, so he understands the importance of family. That’s why you and your entire family are welcome at our Bloomington, MN dentist office for family dentistry.Dr. Kenneth Weddell on Family Dentistry Read Transcript
We don't just treat teeth, we treat people that have teeth, so it's nice. We do a free dental exam for kids under three. The American Pediatric Association advises that children see a dentist before their first tooth even comes in. And as years passed, people would not bring their child to the dentist until they were three, four, five, six years old. We want to see them young to make sure there aren't problems. We don't clean their teeth when they're that young, but we do fluoride treatment and I don't charge for that when they're under three. I just take a look and help them out.
As they get older, we take care of kids. We have no problems treating children. We treat kids and when they reach the period that they're ready for orthodontics, I have done a lot of orthodontics in Michigan, but now I'm so close to the specialist, that I have the specialist treat the orthodontics. But I'm well aware of what point to give the referrals and analyze that.
We discuss all the way through college years. Some of the things college students often are staying up late at night and drinking pop while study and not doing other things, so we can discuss that.
We're wonderful at taking care of seniors. As they get older, they have different dental needs. Patients are on medications that will have side effects for dentistry. Things change in their mouth and their oral condition changes as people age and settle into their senior years. We're wonderful at taking care of that. As our population ages, you have to get better at treating people towards the end of their life and taking care of things and doing a good job to allow them to continue to chew and enjoy food, because they're important as we get to our last years.
Dr. Weddell has received a Mastership from the Academy of General Dentistry, but he’s also helped many cosmetic dentistry and restorative dentistry patients during his 30-plus years in practice. We offer dental care for the whole family, including these services:
- Teeth cleanings and dental exams
- ClearCorrect orthodontics
- Teeth whitening
- Dental veneers
- Root canal treatment
- Wisdom tooth removal
Get great dental care for everyone. Call Weddell Dental today at 952-679-1365 to schedule your appointments! We’re located on Penn Avenue South, just down the road from Haeg Park.
Your Child’s First Dental Visit Puts Them On The Road To A Healthy Smile
We love kids! We do free exams and fluoride treatments for children under the age of 3. Fluoride can reverse cavities in their earliest stages and prevent future cavities. The American Dental Association recommends you bring your child in for their first dental visit within six months of the first tooth emerging.
Here are some helpful tips from Dr. Weddell for caring for your young child’s smile:
- Avoid putting them to bed with juice or milk, as doing so could lead to tooth decay
- Clean their teeth with a soft cloth and progress to a toothbrush when they’re ready
- Wait to use toothpaste until your child is 3, then use only a pea-sized amount
Taking your child to the right dentist can make all the difference in their willingness to seek dental care as an adult. Dr. Weddell and his team will do all we can to give you and your child a positive experience.
Take Advantage Of Dental Care For Adults & Seniors
As we age, caring for our teeth can become more challenging. Dr. Weddell is here for guidance and to help keep your smile healthy. Below are some ways Weddell Dental can help:
- Teeth replacement: Choose from dental implants, All-on-4® or All-on-6, dental implant dentures, and dental bridges.
- Sleep apnea treatment: Your risk of sleep apnea increases with age. If you’re concerned your snoring is a side effect of a larger health issue, Dr. Weddell can diagnose and treat you for sleep apnea. A dental appliance may be all you need to get a full night’s rest.
- Non-surgical gum disease treatment: Gum disease also becomes more prevalent with advanced age. Dr. Weddell can help you keep an eye of the state of your gums and provide treatment if needed. If left untreated, gum disease can lead to tooth loss.