We don't just treat teeth, we treat people that have teeth, so it's nice. We do a free dental exam for kids under three. The American Pediatric Association advises that children see a dentist before their first tooth even comes in. And as years passed, people would not bring their child to the dentist until they were three, four, five, six years old. We want to see them young to make sure there aren't problems. We don't clean their teeth when they're that young, but we do fluoride treatment and I don't charge for that when they're under three. I just take a look and help them out.
As they get older, we take care of kids. We have no problems treating children. We treat kids and when they reach the period that they're ready for orthodontics, I have done a lot of orthodontics in Michigan, but now I'm so close to the specialist, that I have the specialist treat the orthodontics. But I'm well aware of what point to give the referrals and analyze that.
We discuss all the way through college years. Some of the things college students often are staying up late at night and drinking pop while study and not doing other things, so we can discuss that.
We're wonderful at taking care of seniors. As they get older, they have different dental needs. Patients are on medications that will have side effects for dentistry. Things change in their mouth and their oral condition changes as people age and settle into their senior years. We're wonderful at taking care of that. As our population ages, you have to get better at treating people towards the end of their life and taking care of things and doing a good job to allow them to continue to chew and enjoy food, because they're important as we get to our last years.
Dr. Weddell moved from Michigan to Minnesota to be closer to his grandson. He understands the importance of family. That’s why you and your entire family are welcome at our Bloomington, MN office for family dentistry. Dr. Weddell has a Master’s in the Academy of General Dentistry, but he’s also helped many cosmetic dentistry and restorative dentistry patients during his 30 years in practice.
Get great dental care for the entire family with our family dentistry care. Call Weddell Dental to schedule your family dentistry Bloomington, MN area appointments today!
Your Child’s First Dental Visit
We love kids! We do free exams and fluoride treatments for children under the age of 3. Fluoride can reverse cavities in their earliest stages and prevent future cavities. The American Dental Association recommends you bring your child in for their first dental visit within six months of them getting their first tooth.
Tips from Dr. Weddell for caring for your young child’s smile:
- Don’t put them to bed with juice or milk, as it could lead to tooth decay
- Use a soft cloth and progress to a toothbrush when your child is ready
- Wait to use toothpaste until your child is 3, then use only a pea-sized amount
Taking your child to the right dentist can make all the difference in their willingness to seek out dental care as an adult. Dr. Weddell and his team will do all we can to give you and your child a positive experience.
Bloomington, MN Dental Care For The Whole Family
We care for your kids’ smiles, but Dr. Weddell also wants to care for your smile too. Moms and dads can visit us for dental treatments and procedures like:
- Teeth cleanings and dental exams
- Clear braces
- Teeth whitening
- Dental veneers
- Root canal treatment
- Wisdom tooth removal
Dental Care For Adults And Seniors
As we age, caring for our teeth can become more challenging. Dr. Weddell is here for guidance and to help keep your smile healthy. Some ways Weddell Dental can help:
- Teeth Replacement: dental implants, All-on-4 or All-on-6, dental implant dentures, and dental bridges.
- Sleep Apnea Treatment: Your risk of sleep apnea increases with age. If you’re concerned your snoring is a side effect of a larger health issue, Dr. Weddell can diagnose and treat you for sleep apnea. A dental appliance may be all you need to get a full night’s rest.
- Non-Surgical Gum Disease Treatment: Gum disease also becomes more prevalent with advanced age. Dr. Weddell can help you keep an eye of the state of your gums and offer treatment if they do become afflicted with gum disease. If left untreated, gum disease can lead to tooth loss.